Exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness, according to Wikipedia. During the physical activity, the body releases unwanted substances from the body that will have cause damage to the different organs, thereby leading to diseases. Exercises plays important role in the human body, which makes it a needed activity in the life of any person that wants to live a sustained health devoid of too much medication and hospital visitations. The quality of life lived when we are getting old depends on our attitude to exercise.
Advantages of Physical Exercise
Exercise plays an important role in the life of a person. Maintaining a consistent daily workout exercise routine helps in increasing the supply of oxygen to our tissues and cells. It helps in reconditioning the heart. The following are the health benefits associated with daily workout exercises:
- Exercises raises the good Good Cholesterol Level (HDL)
- Regular exercises helps in lowering your blood pressure without medication.
- Daily exercises helps in increasing the size of the arteries and vessels, thereby preventing blood clots.
- Daily exercise helps in improving the blood sugar control level in non-insulin dependent diabetics and decreases insulin requirement in insulin-dependent diabetics.
- It helps in promoting weight loss especially in people suffering from Obesity; thereby reducing the risk of high blood pressure, diabetes, and arthritis.
- Exercise helps in promoting good sleep resulting from a relaxed mind following a workout.
- It improves the Lymphatic flow.
- It tones the muscles, thus curing flabby, fleshy skin and muscles.
- It helps in reducing stress and anxiety.
- It improves digestion and helps in its elimination function.
- It increases perspiration.
- Regular exercise helps to raise the metabolic rate resulting from increase in muscle mass.